3/24/12

Thank you for coming to my art show...

Last night our church had a party with the theme "A Night At The Arts". I volunteered to bring some photography. I was very nervous about bringing stuff to display. I wanted it to be nice, and I wanted it to reflect different styles. I know that I have a lot of examples of different types of photography. So, I didn't just pick a few to bring, I brought about 60 pictures. Most of them were only 5x7 size. So it wasn't like I took up 5 rooms to display. My nervousness resulted in an overload of pictures. I guess I couldn't just narrow it down to a few.

I told the party coordinator that I didn't want this to be the "Amanda Art Show".

She laughed, "Oh just bring it all. The more the better. "

Ok. So I brought quite a few.

Most of my photography is portraits. I didn't want to display portraits only. I also didn't want it to look like I was advertising. Oh the things I worry about. Well, I think I came up with a good collection. I won't put all 60 photos on here. But I will post a few. Including a portrait of young lady with her cello. This portrait was done just for this art show. It was an idea that I have wanted to do for at least a year. The upcoming art show was a good excuse to get it done now. Anyways. I could go on and on about my insecurities about displaying art work at a church function, but overall, the experience made me realize again how much I LOVE photography. I really do. And how much more I could do with different styles and for personal use, not just for clients.















I thought it would be funny to display a rainbow cupcake picture with real cupcakes around the picture for people to take. Some people thought they were Playdough cupcakes and didn't touch them.

-Side note about the table; This table is an antique. It was passed down to my grandma, to my aunt and then to me. It is in desperate need of refinishing. It always looks like it needs cleaning, but it is just the wear on the surface that is so uneven.









I love this one above. It doesn't look like much but dark and more dark. Actually it is a rain storm moving over a brush fire. I sing that James Taylor song in my head every time I look at it. "I've seen fire and I've seen rain".

3 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Simply amazing to look at Amanda :-) I think my favorite is the one of the fire. Beautiful work, Girlie!

Anica said...

Oh my word, these are all so good. I LOVE the ones with the girl playing the cello-amazing! You are so talented Amanda, I love your work. I hope you can start to believe in yourself more. You have really worked hard at your photography skills and knowledge and it shows in all your work.

Anica said...

P.S. You've got to show me sometime how to take pictures of food. The rainbow cupcake picture is awesome. (P.P.S) Did you make them?